I should be inserting something witty, funny, inspirational here before the recipe but I don’t have time to spare right now. Well, not that I have it in me to be witty, funny or inspirational but a friend is waiting for me to post this thing (Hi, Jo! :D).
Truth be told, I’m not really sure if I will edit this once published. Chalk it up to motherhood, solo parenting, and four kids. There’s just so many things to do and not enough time in a day. I know, me and my excuses 😛
So I suggest you don’t hold your breath waiting. But you’re free to come back and check later. As in much, much, much later.
Or maybe not.
I kid, I kid. Why would I ask you not to drop by? It gets lonely around here, so I would really appreciate your visit. So do come back when you have time to see what’s on my baking agenda. Or just to see if I’m still alive hahaha!
See you then, folks!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 bottle (20 ml) ube flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ube jam/powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake molds with paper liner.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine buttermilk and ube flavoring.
- Beat oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add ube jam/powder to the oil mixture.
- Alternately add flour and milk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for 13-15 minutes or until done.
- Cool on wire rack before topping with your favorite frosting.